FAMILY LIFE MINISTRY
For this cause, shall a man leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife and they twain shall be one flesh. Wherefore they are no more twain but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder. Matthew 19:5-6; this scripture is the vision that gave birth to the Family Life Ministry of JILFI. The vision is to build strong families that will be ‘light of the world and the salt of the earth serving as examples of the believer nurturing godly seeds raised for divine purpose on earth and building godly heritage i.e. a generational heritage of faith.
How is the marriage vision being fulfilled?
- Regular times of fellowships, in-depth teaching, Bible studies, seminars and connecting couples and different families – couples meetings
- Outreaches meant to reach out to couples from other churches, in the communities all around where our branches are located
- Specialized training, conferences – Family Life Conference through which practical issues of home life, love-relationships, challenges/questions and family roles are shared and discussed.
- Anointed servants of God and wives, couples of good reputation/report, filled with the Holy Ghost and faith are usually invited to minister specially to us.
The kingdom as the fellowship is named is a body of men who are believers and want to live a purposeful Christian lives for Jesus. Other purpose for this group is to raise, train, equip and empower married men of JILFI for a fruitful and purposeful Christian life and family live. These men seek to discover and develop the graces and gifts of God inside each of the men of valour for the ministry and their personal/family edification.
Men’s fellowship is also aimed at building strong, loving relationships among JILFI men who in turn will impact other men in their neighbourhood, workplace or any place they are placed by God with the gospel of Christ. They meet every third Sunday of the month. The fellowship also holds an annual men of Valour Conference, an exciting time of praise, worship, sharing and deep feasting in the word of God.
The vision of the women ministry to get the sisters (married, singles and grand-mums) established with Christ and live in ways to influence their families, neighbourhood, workplace and their society with the gospel of Christ and personal witness. They are to be light in their world and salt of the earth indeed Matthew 5:13-16. They are to be ambassadors of Christ in every area of their lives.
Women ministry embraces young and old, married, single females who are willing to live for Jesus Christ and fulfil His command of making disciples of all nations. Each should use of their gifts and talents to serve the cause of Jesus on earth.
This is a group meant for fellowship among Christian sisters of a Jesus. It also ministers to women of various ages, status. Levels in the Jesus is Lord International. The women ministry consists of the following:
- The Cornerstones are the married women who come together every tow month to refresh one another’s faces, pray together, encourage one another and share the love of God among themselves.
- The Singles Fellowship is a gathering together of young unmarried Christian girls of the Jesus is Lord foundation International to be brought up and prepared adequately for a glorious future each as a wife, mother, church workers, secular worker, servant of God etc. they are taught to be examples of believers in all things ( I Timothy 4:12 )
- The Dorcas Group is comprised of elder mums most of them grand mums and widows who like the Bible Dorcas and Anna Luke 2 spend most of their times in weekly intercession for different families and the JILFI ministry as a whole. They also take time
to visit neighboring families (especially the aged, sick) to further the purpose for which Christ came. James 1:27. The group meets for vigils twice in a month.
- Female Ministers’ Fellowship holds monthly meetings (every 3rd Sunday if the month) in house and outreaches interchangeably. It means one month is for sharing, caring and fellowship and the rest is for outreach to specialized groups of people to share the love and the gospel of Christ. It holds an annual conference first weekend in October.
ACCURATE ARROWS (YOUTH) FELLOWSHIP
The Youth Fellowship of JILFI is an all-encompassing body for teenagers, young adults and all singles that have this single aim – To be shot well in life! With this goal in mind, all our programmes are tailored towards building the total youth.
Here are some of our programmes and some things we are into; you can contact us to know how you can join us in making a difference.
- Accurate Arrows Conference (AAC) This is the time when all youths of the ministry from far and near come together to fellowship with one another and to be taught of God. Our guest ministers have diverse gifts and callings, from the firebrand evangelists to the very conservative pastors – in the 2013 edition we were blessed to have two Christian Professors minister to us. Everything is rounded up by our Father in the Lord, Rev. Francis Olonade!
We also have worship sessions led by a dedicated youth choir; seminars, career talks, featured presentations and more are also what we enjoy in AAC. The Accurate Arrows Conference takes place around Easter.
- Mission & Outreaches As expected we are not expected to sit in church auditoriums all day. As youths we make efforts to reach out to others and in recent years this has included village outreaches – where we travelled to remote areas and lived with the locals for days sharing the word of God, visitations and follow-up of members and non-members alike.
- Monthly Services We hold monthly services in various branches of the church, so you will not always find us at the headquarters every Sunday evening when we have a service. Please check the events page for the next youth service and plan to attend.
- Meeting with Daddy In what has become an annual event, the Accurate Arrows of JILFI meet with Rev. Francis Olonade to hear what he expects from us. This meeting comes up toward the end of each year and is tailored towards the year ahead. It is a time where we also get to ask questions and make contributions. Plus food is never absent.
- The Youth Secretariat The Youth Secretariat was provided by the ministry for the Youth Fellowship so that we can have a place to call our own. The décor was done and was paid for largely by youth volunteers through monetary and material donations; we were also ably assisted by the Church. The Secretariat is on the grounds of the Ministry’s former headquarters.
- Social Media The Accurate Arrows have an active Facebook Fan Page, and a Twitter Handle. We would love to see you join us.
Psalm 127:3-4 says “children are a heritage form the LORD and the fruit of the womb is His reward. Like arrows in the hand of a warrior, so are the children of one’s youth”. Our children are very important to us at the Jesus is Lord Foundation International (JILFI), we believe they are a reward from God and we take great care to bring them up in the fear of the Lord. Our children make use of a church auditorium called “The Upper Room” at the headquarters for part of their services before they join the adults in the main auditorium for more blessings.
Activities within the Children’s department
- Children’s Outreach Our children don’t only get taught, they also teach! In these outreaches, our children share the light of God’s Word with their colleagues. These outreaches have had no small impact on the target communities and areas.
Our children have also visited orphanages and they have joined forces with other ministries and groups to “Learn from the Elders”, one of the elders they have visited is the Late Prophet Obadare. Also our children have been involved with the Children Evangelical Mission in various ways including the Annual Children Camp.
- Quiz Competitions Our children have organized quiz competitions where they invite children from other churches to participate. They also get invited to participate in quiz competitions in other churches.
- God’s Heritage Choir Officially founded in 2011, God’s Heritage Choir (or simply, The Heritage Choir) is a choir made up of children between the ages of 3 and 15. The choir ministers at most of the Joint services held at the Church Headquarters.
VICTORY GOSPEL CAMPAIGN (VGC)
The Victory Gospel Campaign was birthed in 2002 but the vision existed long before this time in the heart of God’s servant, Rev. Olonade. A strong, zealous and vibrant team was raised up to reach the unsaved and unreached of the world with the gospel of life.
We have a mission “that the world through Christ might be saved” and the mission is being fulfilled through:
- Mass evangelism with open-air crusades tagged Victory Gospel Crusades.
- Printing of tracts and bills, for evangelism and follow up.
- Discipleship teachings/classes for new converts.
- Believers’ Conferences to revive and mobilize the believers in Orthodox and Pentecostal churches.
- Teachings, crusades and revival meetings in established churches.
- Many more…
What We Believe at VGC
We stand for the proclamation of the full and total redemption that the Lord Jesus brought to us; we believe and the signs of Mark 16:16-18 follow us, “He who believes and is baptized will be saved; but he who does not believe will be condemned. And these signs will follow those who believe: In My name they will cast out demons; they will speak with new tongues; they will take up serpents; and if they drink anything deadly, it will by no means hurt them; they will lay hands on the sick, and they will recover”
Testimonies abound of what God has done through these meetings and crusades; great signs and wonders attest to the fact that God gives victory through Christ.
With initial emphasis placed on reaching towns and villages, Victory Gospel Campaign now has the enlarged focus of reaching out to people in cities and other nations of the world. We know that it is God that gives us victory through Christ!
STRATEGIC LEADER’S TRAINING
This is a specialized training programme for the Pastors, Deacons, and department leaders of the Jesus Is Lord Foundation. It is exclusively designed to train these leaders towards achieving the vision God gave to this ministry. The training is also meant to sharpen our leadership skills Psalm 78:72 for stronger, better and more effective local and global ministry.
MINISTERS FELLOWSHIP AND CONFERENCE
Ministers fellowship andconference is a forum for gathering together of ministers within the ministry and from other ministries and churched to share together experiences, hurts, joy, challenges and aspirations. It is aimed at promoting the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace and encouraging God’s servants all around our locality (in Nigeria presently) to bear one another’s burden. It is also an avenue to intercede deeply for one another and network for more effective ministries. The meeting holds most times on weekends about three times in a year.